Brown students trash Horowitz

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Mar 21 10:06:42 PST 2001

> What's sad is your total speechlessness. Bankrupt liberalism.
>
> This point is especially agreeable:
> > 6. The police power of the state was not invoked in the suppression of
> > speech; hence references to freedom of speech are prima facie evidence
> > of either intellectual slovenliness or racism.
>
> I'll give the guy a break: I vote for slovenliness.
> -Brad Mayer

Wow. Thanks Mayer. Hey, if you r-e-a-l-l-y want to show your Radical Chops and impress the kids, why dick around with some small-time student paper? Why not lead them into a mainstream daily and have them trash the latest edition? There's plenty of racism in journalism to justify it. We wimpy free speech "liberals" clearly don't have the balls to perform this necessary act. But you, Mayer, being down with today's young rads, understand the need to destroy speech you disagree with. And since the cops aren't involved, there's no moral or constitutional (that reactionary rag) dilemma. Given this cover, you could burn books too. Horowitz's output should get the pyre going. DP