Joy In Horowitzville

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Wed Mar 21 10:58:18 PST 2001

At 12:21 PM 3/21/01 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
>LeoCasey at aol.com:
> > There is joy in Horowitzville. This made the front page of today's NY
> Times.
>
>Well, Horowitz is certainly doing a great deal to bring the
>issue before the general public, and present the arguments
>against it in the worst possible light.

no, he's not. far too many believe the crap he pumps out. two primary examples:

the nonsense about how it's all okay because other africans sold africans into slavery, as well as the slavery has always been around nonsense. shit man, i bought into 7 or so years ago, without, of course, the conservative views. (i pointed out to some asshole on international women's day that if he's horrified by women being sold into prostitution by their brothers and fathers, then please explain why horowitz is not a total freak to spout off about how blacks sold blacks as a justification for what europeans did!)

that reparations and black nationalism is racist as if racism can be reduced to the simple act of categorizing people into groups, etc.

i dare say that the majority of people buy into these two things. horowitz appears sane. the one that is most disgusting, i think, that blacks owe their good fortune to europeans is, unfortunately, a view that is accepted by too many people.

horowitz does not look like an idiot at all.

the first two issues, i might add, are also problems in the discourse of the radical left. we just don't see it often enough.

kelley