Anti-Semitism and Anti-Globalization

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Wed Mar 21 14:56:34 PST 2001

Hi,

Yes, my polemic re: Dolan was recycled, but it is still an issue.

New Politics (Winter 2001) printed a letter of mine making similar comments, and there was an excellent response by Howie Hawkins, who makes a point similar to that made by Ian (below), which I heartily endorse as a better way of saying what I have been trying to say.

:-)

-Chip Berlet

Ian Murray

> We have to be adamant about refusing to let the argument
get pitched as
> global/anti-global; it's democracy versus oligarchy, need
versus greed and
> solidarity against imperialism, racism, sexism. If we can
stick to those sound
> bite issues we'll be much better off in the long run-hell
we might even "win".