Fwd: {FP} Support Amy Goodman Protest - Saturday 3/24 - San francisco

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 22 16:48:09 PST 2001

-----Original Message----- From: John Sheridan [mailto:johnsher at LanMinds.Com] Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 1:17 AM To: savekpfa at DeLong.SJ.CA.US Subject: Support Amy Goodman! - Protest Pacifica at NFCB - This Saturday 3:30-5:30 pm in San Francisco!

Hello true supporters of Pacifica,

Come out on Saturday March 24 for a demonstration from 3:30- 5:30pm at the National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB) conference in San Francisco! The conference is located at the Cathedral Hill Hotel at Geary and Van Ness. Amy Goodman will be speaking inside about the Pacifica crisis and democratization of the media, the only time Pacifica will be mentioned at the entire Community radio conference - and we wish to be outside the hotel to demonstrate for several reasons:

1. To support Amy Goodman and her battle against Pacifica censorship, and to continue the kind of journalism she does so well.

2. To protest Karolyn van Putten's role on the Pacifica National Board - van Putten is also on the board of the NFCB.

3. To support the Pacifica Affiliates against Pacifica's attempts to force unfair contracts against them for deteriorating Pacifica national programming, such as PNN.

4. To ask why the NFCB did not schedule workshops to address the Pacifica crisis during the regular conference, although they were offered by Media Alliance.

Come and speak your mind about the crisis. Hear others involved in rescuing community broadcasting. Where are we now, where are we headed? Discuss Juan Gonzalez' National Campaign. Bring some change to support the Coalition for a democratic Pacifica and the lawsuits filed against Pacifica. We are winning but the lawsuits need our support, and Pacifica is fighting back against you with aggressive PR spins, more lies, fake public bylaws meetings, more firings at WBAI, and more threats against Amy Goodman.

Come and support the community's efforts to retake Pacifica and to create and maintain a democratic, progressive and growing alternative Media in North America. You are invited. Let the Pacifica people attending the NFCB Conference know you support KPFA, Amy, Larry Bensky, Bernard White, Sharan Harper and the fired and banned - and that you want the Pacifica Board removed, NOW!

It will be good to see you there.

-- John Sheridan Coalition for a democratic Pacifica

If you wish to come by bus from downtown, take the Geary bus at Geary and Kearny up to Van Ness.

________________________ http://www.radio4all.org http://www.radio4all.org/freepacifica

Public PGP Block: http://www.radio4all.org/pgp/

- /*This message comes via the freepac list. */