Unauthorized practice of law.

christian11 at mindspring.com christian11 at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 23 09:14:47 PST 2001

So, maybe I am a nasty, small-souled, cold-hearted, greedy-handed, guild-minded lawyer anxious to protect my monopoly agaist all those large souled folks who feel they can opine on what they don't know better than the pros. Maybe I'm a really bad person because of that. I still would say: if you have a legal problem, find a good lawyer. --jks>

Wow. Do you really feel this defensive?

Leaving aside your implication that *any* of the many dimwits and quacks who become lawyers are better informed than *anyone* who isn't, Michael didn't say he knew better than "the pros." Indeed, encouraging someone to file for bkruptcy, like telling someone they are really sick, frequently carries the rec to go see a "pro." Why would you immediately assume otherwise?

Christian