Anti-Semitism and Anti-Globalization

Shane T Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Mar 23 12:59:09 PST 2001

Kevin Robert Dean posted:

> > "Nader and his colleagues worked closely with a
> business nationalist brain
> > trust financed by right-wing textile magnate Roger
> Milliken. The
> > strategists included Milliken's lobbyist, Jock Nash,
> Alan Tonelson of the
> > ultraconservative U.S. Business and Industrial
> Council, and Pat Choate of
> > the Manufacturing Policy Project."

Alan Tonelson, author of _The Race to the Bottom: Why a Worldwide Worker Surplus and Uncontrolled Free Trade are Sinking American Living Standards_, was on Radio Nation a while back with a fawning Marc Cooper. It's archived on the web (you can listen with Real Audio) at:

http://www.webactive.com/radionation/rn20001108.html

He echoes some local anti-Buchanan Reform party folks, who were lobbying some local Greens to join up with United We Stand. Tonelson, like them, is a tad heavy on the nativism. Cooper's response was interesting. "For those in the audience who profess a concern about globalization," prescribes Dr. Cooper, "this is the medicine, so you have to keep your mouth open and your ears open and take it." Tonelson talks up organized labor toward the end. Any thoughts?

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.