Ad design

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sun Mar 25 17:41:14 PST 2001

Kelley Walker:
> At 06:19 PM 3/25/01 -0500, Kelley Walker wrote:
> > there are surely many ways to have presented such an ad, so the
> > intentional use of the type, the edges, the antiqued look is probably
> > purposeful.
>
> just shoot me now, please.

Nah. I took intentional -> purposeful to be a contrast of like ideas, the first narrowly construed and the second broad, as in tactics and strategy. Just so, use of certain typefaces and the overall general general design, a very specific action, may have had a broader purpose. Although I thought it was just cranky and fusty, myself, the sort of boilerplating one sees in the less interesting religious tracts, quite apt for David H.'s poor rhetorical and logical skills.