paying off ex-slaves

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 08:15:32 PST 2001

Justin: << Leo, I'm certainly pleased to bring out the best in you. What is it about

me, I wonder, that sets you frothing? It makes you fun to bait, though.>>

Yes, without question, you are a master baiter. How long before you join Carroll on the LBO-Talk injured reserve list with an hyperextended wrist? Do you have a clause in your LBO-Talk contract that allows you to bank your twenty a day over posts? Maybe you should see a good contract lawyer.

Justin, again: << I especially like how, in good Rortian fashion, you argue by description and indivious characterization; my post is "meandering"; contorted through "many twists and turns," but I bury at the bottom my fundamental concession to your absolute reasonableness. >>

I granted you too much, I guess, by assuming that you felt a need to cover your description of my politics on matters racial as somewhere in the vicinity of Jesse Helms with three or four obfuscatory prefaces. In good sectarian fashion, you obviously believe that such political slander stands on its own, and the rest was just poetry for our collective benefit. And if it seems that you happened to end up at pretty much the same position I had already articulated, well that obviously is a problem of using Rortian readings. There is Truth, and you possess it.

Justin: << Or maybe you just don't follow my point. That wouldn't be surprising; you often don't, but it may be my fault, so I'll briefly repeat it. >>

Stick to the political misrepresentation and slander. It works a whole lot better than when you play the part of an condescending professorial asshole, and at least it has the pretense of a political argument.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass -- -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010326/c45fe54c/attachment.htm>