Krugman on Cal power

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Mon Mar 26 22:18:36 PST 2001

>Unfortunately, it is too late for the big crisis
promised this summer, but if it really is that bad there will be plenty of fertile ground in the mass anger that follows in its wake.

Let's hope so. This is the kind of thing where Greens and Reform Party would agree. Ditto militias and anarchists. Could be a real unifying event!

>insist on the truth: that 'we' are being made war upon
by a tiny oligarchy of capitalist energy suppliers and their right wing political supporters.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity". They may have gotten greedy, but this thing has spun way out of anyones control, in my opinion. If the California economy tanks because of this, it'll take the country with it.