Robin D.G.Kelley on the Abraham Lincoln Brigade

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 27 07:38:31 PST 2001

>In message <p05001906b6e5e6e62bcc@[140.254.115.75]>, Yoshie Furuhashi
><furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> writes
>>
>>Robin D.G. Kelley on the Abraham Lincoln Brigade
>
>Looks really good.
>
>There is good stuff on the origins of the International Brigades in East
>London Communist Joe Jacobs' book Out of the Ghetto. He describes how
>three tailors from Stepney first went to fight in Spain, much to the
>disapproval of the Communist Party. Later the CP got behind the
>International Brigades (costing them many of their leading lights, like
>the polymath, Christopher Caudwell).
>--
>James Heartfield

I'll look for a copy of _Out of the Ghetto_. Thanks!

Here's the URL for the Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives Home Page: <http://www.alba-valb.org/>. Lots of stuff there, including free screen saver software featuring posters from the Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives.

I posted the same post on a local political discussion list. It turns out that one of the subscribers to the list grew up hearing the story of her mother's two older brothers (then 19 & 20 years old respectively) leaving Argentina to fight against Franco.

Yoshie