Activist to get five years for speaking on cell phone

Guilherme C Roschke groschke at luminousvoid.net
Tue Mar 27 14:11:29 PST 2001

> That news was over the expiration pull date in the dairy shelves.
> Going to
> www.r2kphilly.org found press releases and AP wire stories that
> confirm what I
> remember hearing on PNN a few weeks ago. (And wasn't that Bessie
> Wash harangue
> something really ugly?!) Anyway, according to my quick skim,
> on the 14th, Kate Sorensen was acquiited of all the charges.
> Michael Pugliese

She was convicted of misdemeanor "criminal mischief". Sentencing is may 2nd. I guess that's what the DA wants 5 years for.

Did you catch this snip from an r2kphilly.org article:

The judge finally had to interrupt the prosecution's interrogation by saying, "Isn't your question assuming a hierarchy of responsibility?" After his search for conspiracy failed, Desiderio exclaimed, "You can't have a thousand people thinking in a thousand different directions!" and ended his cross-examination.

fab.

-gr