Bessie Wash Statement - Interruption on 3/26/2000

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Mar 27 15:35:57 PST 2001

Dennis wrote:

And what is Marc Cooper's take on all this? Hasn't he
> sided with the current Pacifica "status quo?"

Yes, he has. He is a big part of the problem. From day one he squashed any discussion on the air calling the problems personel related.

I just called KPFK to tell the news dept that they should investigate the Bessie WAsh story. A very young person answered the phone who probably is clueless as to how to do that. Most of the news these days is NPR off the press releases kind of stuff delievered by highly inexperienced people. Ever since Frank Stoltz left, it has not been worth listening to.

Then I called and left a comment for Mark Shubb the station manager that he should have given all sides equal time if he was going to air the Wash lies.

Marta