Student Protests Against Horowitz Ad]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 28 11:32:40 PST 2001

Charles Brown wrote:

>Charles Brown wrote:
>
>>How is the direct action of destroying the papers "self-defeating" ,
>>except with respect to the opinion of those of the predominanly
>>mental intellectual strata who have a fetish about the written word ?
>
>Wow, that's kind of scary Charles.
>
>(((((((((
>
>CB: Wow , Doug, what's so scary about it ?

I guess my fetish is showing, but I'm kind of attached to written words and their free circulation. Call me a liberal, but I believe that even vile pigs like Horowitz should be free to say and write what they want. And saying there's no state involved, and therefore no issue of censorship, is a bit of a dodge; if it ever came down to who could summon the largest number of goons, we'd lose.

Doug