Klein on FTAA in Mexico

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Wed Mar 28 13:45:14 PST 2001

Brad Mayer wrote:
>Let's keep an eye out for the demos this weekend. That is, if the
>discussion can be steered away for this largely parochial, Yankee-centric,
>boring, obsessive thread on Horowitz and reparations. Replace the "free
>speech" yipyap with a discussion of white racism and white supremacy, both
>here and abroad.
>
>Then, perhaps, we can get back to Observing "Business" (political economy)
>from a Left perspective.

"Despite that sponsorship, I hope this list will be a forum for speaking across intellectual and social boundaries that have divided the left, such as it is, for too long. Among these oppositions I'd like to see worked through are ones like class/identity, cultural politics/"real" politics, Marxism/postmodernism, universal/particularist, activism/theory, economics/culture, nature/labor; nature/culture, and labor/culture." http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/lbo-talk.html

Kelley