Defacing Websites, "Stealing" Free Papers

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 28 19:43:39 PST 2001

Peter Kosenko wrote:

>But "playing into the hands" seems to me to be a more accurate
>description of what the Brown students did when they trashed the
>papers (Horowitz couldn't have hoped for better).

That's how some LBO-talkers are bent on portraying the Brown students of color in this PR war. They don't see their act as culture jamming -- perhaps because culture jamming, in the LBO-talk common sense, is what *white* youth activists are supposed to do. :-) To me, what they did is no different from the sort of cultural protests that Naomi Klein, etc. have been celebrating (too effusively, in my opinion).

>Actually, I'm not involved at all in the ruckus (not making public
>pronouncements, not writing any letters to the editor)

I'm please to hear that you have voluntarily restricted yourself to airing your view on the matter in this small forum.

Yoshie