Defacing Websites, "Stealing" Free Papers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 29 12:50:40 PST 2001

I think the paper-stealing thread has passed the point where there's a favorable relation between heat and light.

Reparations, though, is an important issue. I've nudged people on the practicalities because I think they're pretty complicated, but there's no doubt in my mind that U.S. society is built on a number of crimes against humanity - not just slavery and its aftermath, but the genocide of the indigenous population and a century or more of imperial adventures. So I'm all for more discussion of that, just no more about Horowitz' ad and the wisdom of trashing papers, please.

Doug