Yugoslavia - Former Yugoslav Strongman Milosevic Arrested

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Fri Mar 30 14:51:04 PST 2001

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Hmm, this surprises me. Stories in todays International Herald
> Tribune, for example, today, made me think that the State Dept.
> was gonna finesse the arrest Milosevic angle otherwise lose the
> other $50 million dollars (and doubtless,, IMF and WB loans conditioned
> on capture).
. My impression is that this arrest *is* part of the finessing. I think Slobo will likely be tried in Yugoslavia, not the Hague, for economic crimes rather than war crimes. Which seems like the best outcome to me, frankly.

Seth