FW: Where the Fools Are

Shane T Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Mar 30 18:15:02 PST 2001

At one point AdBuster's was receiving funds from the Foundation for Deep Ecology. Does anyone know if that is still the case and if it's influencing their politics? I stopped paying much attention to them after the magazine's fawning over Lt. Col. David Grossman, the guy on a crusade against Doom and other such games as part of the campaign of scapegoating them for Columbine. To me the guy's routine is a revival of that of Dr. Fredric Wertham, author of _Seduction of the Innocent_, who blamed comic books for juvenile delinquency in the '50s. I peeked at a recent issue, and Grossman appears to be one of AdBuster's favored ideologues (see <http://adbusters.org/magazine/34/doom.html>).

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.