Chomsky on Free Speech

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 31 14:05:49 PST 2001

(Michael showing his neo-conservative tendencies ;-) (Just read some acrid letters from and to Stephen Schwartz and windbag, troll, William Mandel in the Anderson valley Advertiser--- Edward Luttwak, latest new contributor there.) (now where was I?) (just deleted a bunch of rambling, OTOH blatherama which expressed my ambivalent feelings some rooted in the textual evidence in the C-H's TWCATWF and The Nation article from 1977 by the Noamster, so, I'll just cite [again, I did this a while back] two additional sources. Alain Finkelkraut, "The Future of a Negation, " University of Chicago Press. On the La Vielle Taupe characters in France that really did/do traffic in Holocaust Revisionism, which unless I start channelling Norman Podhoretz, I would never say, that Noam did. However, he did exhibit a lack of critical acumen in continuing to associate with those ultra-leftists who in their justified rage at Western slaughter in Vietnam, etc. lost their marbles over later situations. The other cite is a UC, Berkeley thesis at this URL www-mcnair.berkeley.edu/uga/os/mcnair/Sophal_Ear_canon.html Michael Pugliese P.S. Committing some logical fallacy, probably, but, me believing Cockburn, w/o other sources, took a big hit, when he cited Robert Thurston and the older work of J. Arch Getty to minimize the extent of the "premature deaths" in the fSU due to the Ukranian famine (Robert Conquest up to his neck in emigre Ukranian fascist fabrications...) in the pgs. of The Nation in the late 80's, was a real doozy. Thank God, there were tons of letters which they published a few weeks later.