European protectionism

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 31 12:26:39 PST 2001

In message <p05010408b6ebca11ee8e@[216.254.77.128]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes

>James, do you still think there's no risk to humans from mad cow disease?

Well, yes, this was recently confirmed by some Cambridge scientists here in a TV report. Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis and Creutzfeld Jakob Disease are, as far as anyone can tell, not directly related.

Not often reported here, but the majority of cases of CJD in the UK were people given a growth hormone by the National Health Service made up from the pituitary glands of deceased people, that was infected with CJD. While this route is well-established, the beef route remains sheer conjecture, and one that is looking less and less likely.

** BESIDES, you don't have to be a Global Warming sceptic to understand that European governments are motivated by their desire to protect European Capitalists not the global climate. Or do you perhaps think that Tony Blair and Gerhard Schroeder are sincere?

In message <F826m8XFlx6EIfu4FbA00002f4f at hotmail.com>, Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> writes
>*Anyone* can see, James? I must credit you for having better vision than I
>have.

You're too kind. -- James Heartfield