$3 a gallon gas?

Steve Grube s.grube at home.com
Thu May 3 21:39:42 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's irritating to hear middle and upper income Americans whine about
> higher gas prices. Until the recent spike, gas prices lagged general
> inflation for 20 years. It's absurd that this toxic stuff in limited
> supply costs less than bottled water.
>
> Doug

This can be side-stepped completely by doing an electric car conversion. There are tried and true kits for putting a DC brushed motor into a Civic or a Rabbit along with 20 batteries. You get a solid 80 mile range and speeds to 65+. This is a solution that is very doable and solves a large percentage of the daily auto trips. I'll be doing one myself once my photovoltaic cell project is complete...

Check: electroauto.com -Steve Grube