MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Fri May 4 07:27:06 PDT 2001

>>>>> "chuck" == Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at tsoft.com> writes:

chuck> Jesus, Kendall,

chuck> I hope you realize that riff on `..Microsoft...sharing

chuck> ... source code more widely than generally realized...' was

chuck> my idea of sick humor.

Yeah, and it was well written, like most of your stuff (though not as good as your post about making, if I recall right, fettucine with potatos and green beans, washed down with a crisp New Zealand chardonnay -- a personal favorite CG post of mine). It's been trying, and is going to accelerate trying, to extend-and-embrace the free software idea, which means it'll try to make people think its source code is somehow available in some significant way. That's crap, of course, and it's good for people, like good leftie FreeBSD and Linux users, who know the difference, to point out the shame in MS's propaganda.

I was just glomming onto your post because it was marginally related to what I wanted to say, and I didn't want to start a new thread (and, in all honesty, because there's a core of people on LBO that, hmm, seem to get read more often than the rest of us, and, well, shoot me for glomming on to *that* too!).

Best, Kendall Clar