Living with Linux

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Fri May 4 09:56:28 PDT 2001

>>>>> "kelley" == Kelley Walker <kelley at interpactinc.com> writes:

kelley> and damn it kendall, i had typed out a flame in which i

kelley> could lay at your feet--by making you the repository of all

kelley> geekazoids who've treated me as a dumb blonde, esp the boys

kelley> in the computer class i took in high school. it was the

kelley> first time they'd offered a course on computers and they all

kelley> had dads who were engineers and had told them about

kelley> computers or had actually used one... and me, my dad was

kelley> chief paper boy (circulation manager)... i didn't know a

kelley> thing, just heard about them.

[My last today since I'm way over my limit. I'll just have to grin and bear being called the reactionary scourge of the worker's of the world until tomorrow.]

Kelley,

I'm happy to be the personification, for you, of all the misogynist pigs who've assumed you can't do computers because you're a "girl" -- but for you *only*, and only if you promise to keep in mind that I didn't take a computer course in high school or college because, as a wannabe novelist, I was afraid that knowing how to use a computer would ruin my "creativity". :>

The economic terrors of having a PhD in *religious studies* (of all the stupid choices) forced me to reconsider that particular bit of ignorance. Now I spend my days doing technical writing, occasional programming, and working on my first novel -- oh, and attacking the workers of the world (in email!) whenever I get the chance...

Best, Kendall Clark