MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 4 10:10:41 PDT 2001

Kendall Clark wrote:

> You should read what I said more carefully. I was specifically talking
> not about all workers or about society, but about progressive people
> who are already predisposed to self-regulating their consumptive
> practices based on their own moral reasoning.

This is oxymoronic. A progressive person has much better things to do with his/her time than spend it "regulating their consumptive practices." I'll stop here, because your positions seem too absurd to bother refuting.

Moralism of your sort can only become a widespread social practice if the state adopts it and enforces it with widespread use of firing squads.

Carrol