Granola eating Reactionaries, was Re: MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 11:26:07 PDT 2001

---- Carrol Cox wrote:

Kendall Clark wrote:

You should read what I said more carefully. I was specifically talking

not about all workers or about society, but about progressive people

who are already predisposed to self-regulating their consumptive

practices based on their own moral reasoning.

This is oxymoronic. A progressive person has much better things to do with his/her time than spend it "regulating their consumptive practices." I'll stop here, because your positions seem too absurd to bother refuting.

Moralism of your sort can only become a widespread social practice if the state adopts it and enforces it with widespread use of firing squads.

My god, Carrol, you can disagree with Kendall without bringing out the heavy artillery, can't you?

Maybe not.

Doug ---

Wow! I never knew that dietary choice was holding back the workers movement. Damn you Kendall!

According to Carrol's logic, moralizing about workers rights and union organizing are 'reactionary' and "reformist" because folk's find that these activities are time consuming.