MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri May 4 14:46:31 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

> Actually not. I'm working on a long pen-l post, grounded in Marx &
> Ollman, responding to what I think is Lou Proyect's desertion of marxism
> for moralism. I can think of few things as politically destructive as
> moralism. That old anarchist Bookchin has I believe been engaged in
> quite a squabble for some years now with such moralistic currents in
> anarchism. (I forget the term he uses, something like "life-style
> anarchism" though that isn't it.)

Bookchin thought he was firing a machine gun with that book, but he ended up firing blanks. His book, Social Anarchism or Lifestyle Anarchism, was one of the worst books I have ever read, save for the good essay on gun control in the back. In old Murray's world, "lifestyle anarchism" includes all of his critics over the years, ranging from primitivists, Earth First! folks, to former friends whov'e dared to criticize him in print.

"Lifestyle anarchism" is mostly a myth anyway.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).