$3 a gallon gas?

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Sat May 5 09:47:36 PDT 2001

> The battery technology unfortunately hasn't
> improved much in 100+ years.

>Which is of course why hybrids are such a good solution: run a gas
engine to charge (smaller, cheaper, lighter) batteries. The "supercar"

My gas/electric Prius also recharges the electric battery using excess heat from the braking. The web site says this is "simple" to do. Easy for them to say!

It's a great car, well-designed and well-engineered, zero problems. 11.9 gallons will take me 500 miles in L.A. city driving.