Surrendered Wives

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Mon May 7 08:03:15 PDT 2001

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
> Known as being a "Surrendered Wife", the approach requires a wife to
> surrender control over her husband and his decisions.

kAs far as I know, it's an odd mix of stuff that is truly weird and stuff that is truly essential to a relationship, like (shock, horror) listening to your partner. It's tragic that civility is packaged this way, but on the other hand perhaps the civility lends credibility to the more loony bits.

I might point out, however, that the corresponding titles which are oriented towards men, not women, are found under "management". The so-called flaws of an "unsurrendered" wife are the same as those of a crappy line manager. (And how do I know? Oh, yes, I know.) It's a dryly humourous thought; I wonder where Laura Doyle did her research.

Marco