Fwd: FC: Timothy McVeigh, muzzled by U.S. government, speaks via the Net

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 7 11:49:58 PDT 2001

Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:29:58 -0400 From: Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com> To: politech at politechbot.com Subject: FC: Timothy McVeigh, muzzled by U.S. government, speaks via the Net Mail-Followup-To: emc at artifact.psychedelic.net X-URL: http://www.mccullagh.org/ X-URL: Politech is at http://www.politechbot.com/ X-Author: Declan McCullagh is at http://www.mccullagh.org/ X-News-Site: Cluebot is at http://www.cluebot.com/

----- Forwarded message from Eric Cordian <emc at artifact.psychedelic.net> -----

From: Eric Cordian <emc at artifact.psychedelic.net> Subject: The Muzzling of Tim McVeigh To: cypherpunks at einstein.ssz.com Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 13:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

The government is being real careful not to let Tim McVeigh have a forum to speak prior to his closed-circuit murder on May 16th. They have forbiddden any televised interviews, and the lap dogs in the US press are being very careful to not quote verbatim a single word McVeigh has said, instead relying on editorial pieces disguised as news, in which topics like McVeigh's "remorse" and his use of the term "collateral damage" are spun to exacting federal standards.

Fortunately, McVeigh wrote down his reasons for the OK bombing, and mailed them to a friend. This friend kept them secret, until McVeigh directed a UK journalist to contact the friend, in order that the material could be released.

So, while the press in the "Country That Never Apologizes" continues its anti-McVeigh ranting, readers in Britain are getting the facts of the case directly from McVeigh.

In McVeigh's Own Words:

"I explain herein why I bombed the Murrah federal building in

Oklahoma City. I explain this not for publicity, nor seeking to

win an argument of right or wrong. I explain so that the record

is clear as to my thinking and motivations in bombing a

government installation.

"I chose to bomb a federal building because such an action

served more purposes than other options. Foremost the bombing

was a retaliatory strike; a counter attack for the cumulative

raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents

had participated in over the preceding years (including, but

not limited to, Waco). From the formation of such units as the

FBI's Hostage Rescue and other assault teams amongst federal

agencies during the 80s, culminating in the Waco incident,

federal actions grew increasingly militaristic and violent,

to the point where at Waco, our government - like the Chinese -

was deploying tanks against its own citizens.

"Knowledge of these multiple and ever-more aggressive raids

across the country constituted an identifiable pattern of

conduct within and by the federal government and amongst its

various agencies.

"For all intents and purposes, federal agents had become

soldiers (using military training, tactics, techniques,

equipment, language, dress, organisation and mindset) and they

were escalating their behaviour.

"Therefore this bombing was meant as a pre-emptive (or

pro-active) strike against these forces and their command and

control centres within the federal building. When an aggressor

force continually launches attacks from a particular base of

operations, it is sound military strategy to take the fight to

the enemy. Additionally, borrowing a page from US foreign

policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was

becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building

and the government employees within that building who represent

that government. Bombing the Murrah federal building was

morally and strategically equivalent to the US hitting a

government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations.

"Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I

viewed this action as an acceptable option.

"From this perspective, what occurred in Oklahoma City was no

different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all

the time, and subsequently, my mindset was and is one of

clinical detachment. (The bombing of the Murrah building was

not personal, no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy or Marine

personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government

installations and their personnel). I hope that this

clarification amply addresses all questions."

McVeigh also comments on Feds thinking the law doesn't apply to them:

"When the post-inferno investigations and inquiries by the

Executive and Legislative branches of government concluded that

the federal government had done nothing fundamentally wrong

during the raid of the Branch Davadians at Waco, the system not

only failed the victims who died during that siege but also

failed the citizens of this country This failure in effect left

the door open for more Wacos.

"Some time after the fact they received awards, bonus pay and

in some cases promotions for their disgusting and inhumane

actions at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

"This was exemplified years later while I sat in prison, The

Ruby Ridge FBI sniper, Lon Horiuchi, was charged by the state

of Idaho for his actions.

"The federal courts threw out the charges, ruling that federal

agents are immune from the laws that govern the common citizen.

"The surviving Davidians were sentenced to lengthy prison

terms, despite protests from the trial jurors. The primary

'checks and balances' system had again failed to correct the

system.

"It was at this time, after waiting for non-violent checks and

balances to correct ongoing federal abuses and seeing no such

results, that the assault weapons ban was passed and rumours

subsequently surfaced of nationwide, Waco-style raids scheduled

for the spring of 1995 to confiscate firearms.

"These rumours were so persistent and deemed so credible that

some congresswoman wrote letters to Attorney-General Janet Reno

inquiring as to her intents and admonishing her to call off the

raids.

"As it turns out these rumours were actually based on fact.

"Through the legal process called 'discovery' the Oklahoma City

bombing defence learned that both the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol,

Tobacco and Firearms) and the FBI had formulated raid plans for

the spring of 1995 at Elohim City in eastern Oklahoma. So for

those who dismiss such concerns as paranoia you need to look a

the facts as they existed a the time and further reflect that

the Waco raid was not imaginary - it was a real event.

"It was in this climate then, that I reached the decision to go

on the offensive - to put a check on government abuse of power

where others has failed in stopping the federal juggernaut run

amok.

As Gore Vidal said, "This guy's got a case." Too bad he's being spun by the Federal propaganda machine as some sort of rabid terrorist.

Isn't killing a disarmed POW a human rights violation? This principle should apply to an Army of One, just as it applies to an Army of Many.

-- Eric Michael Cordian 0+ O:.T:.O:. Mathematical Munitions Division "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"

----- End forwarded message -----

------------------------------------------------------------------------- POLITECH -- Declan McCullagh's politics and technology mailing list You may redistribute this message freely if it remains intact. To subscribe, visit http://www.politechbot.com/info/subscribe.html This message is archived at http://www.politechbot.com/ -------------------------------------------------------------------------