Accountancy (was Re: famous economist defends exploitation)

j.f. noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue May 8 06:30:43 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, [iso-8859-1] Double Dog D**2 wrote:

> The profession which has resisted capitalism the best, so
> far, is of course that of accountancy.

Eh? My on-going fascination with accountants usually peaks this time of year (our new fiscal year began 1-mar) as the auditors from a Big-X[1] accounting firm set up shop in a conference room, install their own mini-lan, and begin terrorizing the in-house accounting department.

So I am quite curious what you mean by "accountancy his resisted capitalism". Do you mean that bean counters count beans whether under mercantilism, capitalism, or communism? Or what?

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com