Lou Reed Dead/Albright

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue May 8 20:52:40 PDT 2001

> I was dumping in my pants and drooling all over myself when
> Reed was young and interesting. How political was he or
> the Underground? I know he hung out with Andy Warhol,
> who was apolitical, correct?

> Peter

Cockburn, in his late Voice days, wrote several pieces about the Warhol/Colacello Interview crowd. One had to do with their mixing with pro-Shah types (a piece titled, if I remember correctly, "Torture Can Be Fun") and a spoof of an Interview chat with Hitler at Mortimer's (complete with a mock Interview cover of a glossy Adolf). Back when Cockburn was good.

DP