Hitchens on Kerry

Rakesh Narpat Bhandari rakeshb at Stanford.EDU
Tue May 8 22:42:44 PDT 2001

> > Is this some kind of sick joke? McVeigh killed women and children. He
>> wasn't even man enough to try to kill someone who was armed; he's no
>> Assata Shakur (whose autobiography by the way is very good) or Mumia
>> Abu Jamal (who of course has been mistaken for his brother).
>Eh, it's manly to kill another man with just because he has a weapon? All
>killing of humans is an act of cowardice "just war" theorists to the
>contrary. When you signing up for plan Colombia?
>
>Ian

You are of course correct. I have always been and will always be non violent. I was raised Jain on the principle of ahimsa. But Ian you have just ripped my statement out of its context. Vidal wrote: "This guy's got a case — you don't send the FBI in to kill women and children," he said."

I was just underlining that McVeigh's victims were as innocent as those in whose name he killed. But this is rather obvious. And the real reasons for Vidal's brave defense of McVeigh are rather obvious as well, but I am still confused as to why this compares--as Peter seems to think- to Hitchen's grovelling at the feet of his boss.

Yours, Rakesh