Lou Reed Dead/Albright

j.f. noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue May 8 23:04:35 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's good Lou isn't dead after all, because now I can flame
> him. His taste for a "sententious faker" like Havel
> (Alexander Cockburn's great epithet) is bad enough

Not unlike Cockie's taste for Ford "F-530"'s and shooting turkeys. His *very* occasional clever turn of phrase does not much to redeem him. Most of the time I can read his columns on the bumpers of pick-up trucks that also sport Tom DeLay stickers.

> - but for a war criminal like Albright, well, there's just
> no excuse. Has Reed done anything interesting in the last 20
> years?

_New York_ was/is a very good album, but maybe a fan of Madonna <insert vomit emoticon here> and a basher of Springsteen wouldn't agree.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com