Lou Reed Dead/Albright

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Wed May 9 04:19:59 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's good Lou isn't dead after all, because now I can flame him. His
> taste for a "sententious faker" like Havel (Alexander Cockburn's
> great epithet) is bad enough - but for a war criminal like Albright,
> well, there's just no excuse.

Ah, so I didn't hallucinate that event. I think he took her to see Zorn, becuase I had plans to go to the Knit that night but had to cancel, and read a review a few days later and it mentioned Reed being there with his guests.

Since the concert was Zorn, perhaps bringing them along was a satirical move on Reed's part. Or just ironic. Albright listening to Naked City or Painkiller?

> Has Reed done anything interesting in
> the last 20 years?

Metal Machine Music, ~75. And of course New York from 89.

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence.

-Doug McLeod