commodify your dissent

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu May 10 06:19:40 PDT 2001

A couple of interesting things, here in Wicker Park, Chicago (where Liz Phair used to live before she settled down and moved to Lincoln Park; where John Cusack's music store is set in the recent film High Fidelity). A Starbuck's just opened up at the main intersection and I was told that one of the coffees they're serving is called "Fair Trade." Down the block, a storefront is being renovated for something called "Ripe 4 Revolution" which looks to be a fruit store or maybe a restaurant. Also, I've noticed that a chapter of the Coalition to End the Death Penalty has started up here and they're putting up postings about about the McVeigh execution.