Frank Kitson and Low Intensity warfare vs. British

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 16:52:16 PDT 2001

> > Looks like its about time to overthrow the British state.
> >
> > Chuck0
>
>sorry, old bean, no can do. No guns, y'see. We'll just have
>to wait for bold square-jawed Americans to come over here again
>and save our worthless arses. While you're over here, I
>wouldn't mind some of that chewing gum, too.
>
>dd

Sure, but I can guarantee that the American Dental Association now insists that American expeditionary forces of all types dispense only sugar-free, goodwill chewing gum. I'm sure that chocolate bars for beleaguered civilians are also now proscribed, not to mention death-dealing cigarettes. In a related vein, the Royal Navy dispensed with the daily tot of rum several years ago because, as I recall, the practice was deemed "inconsistent with the image of a space-age Navy." Bit by bit, all the fun is going out of armed conflict.