doctor disease

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 10 14:59:47 PDT 2001

At 02:38 PM 5/10/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Damn, I knew it was bad but it is even worse than I thought.
>Just heard on KPFK (the science guy show) that a new report (Rand, I
>think) shows that doctor incompetence is the third leading killer in
>the US, only outranked by heart disease and cancer.
>--
>Marta

Sounds like newage witchcraft.

Of 2,338,100 deaths in 1998, only 93,200 are attributed to "accidents and adverse effects" of which 41,800 are motor vehicle accidents. The remaining 51,400 death include all other accidents (industrial, plane crashes, accidental gun shots, and I presume doctor's malpracrice).

http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/statab/sec02.pdf

wojtek