rReFrom theRe: From the Realm of Necessity to the Realm of Freedom, One Webserver at a Time...

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Fri May 11 21:48:48 PDT 2001

>Lean to read. Learn to read between the lines. Learn to read betwen the line
>the hard way.
>
>In other words, the fear is that the UC Regents would not be able to
>extract profit from the productive labor of its hirelings---quite as
>well as one of its arch rivals, MIT. Like IBM getting into Linux,
>there has to be a Trojan horse in there somewhere, so let's find it.
>
>See, I don't believe it. I mean, I want to believe it, but somehow,
>there has to be a catch in there somewhere. A fee, some bullshit hoop
>to jump through...
>
>Chuck Grimes

According to MIT President Charles Vest: "The idea... is to make MIT course materials... available on the web, free of charge, to any user anywhere in the world."

Vest is not trying to cheat you. You are trying to cheat yourself.

Brad DeLong