doctor disease

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sat May 12 08:03:40 PDT 2001

Comment:

Kelley Walker wrote

:i'd say you ought to read up on the sociology of the medical profession

> because incompetence and arrogance is nurtured by medical training, itself.
> and, moreover, the very structure of medical practice--with its extreme
> specialization--is part of the problem.
>
> kelley

I've worked in a hospital since 1984. Much of what you say about medical arrogance is true, and remains particularly true about some specialties, particularly surgery. At the same time, others always were better about this, particularly pediatrics, and neurology, and managed care has changed much of the landscape. Interpersonally, many doctors are no match for the people they have to confront now.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema