Just Wars

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Mon May 14 09:20:53 PDT 2001

> Ian Murray wrote:
> >
> > ===========
> > This completely elides the issue of whether the inauguration of
> > violence can ever be an ethically justified act and what the
threshold
> > criteria are.
> >

> And this completely elides the issue that the concept of just war
has no
> meaning outside the theology and metaphysics of Aquinas.
>
> Carrol
============ Then why should people even fret over institutionalized violence and war crimes if we're no different than crocodiles? People like Hitchens and the international human rights law crowd should just go to Amsterdam smoke some hash and forget about Henry Kissinger, Pinochet yaddah yaddah yaddah?

Ian