gasoline prices on the web

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Tue May 15 17:54:11 PDT 2001

>>You wouldn't, by chance, live in an area with workable public
transportation, would you??

>Yeah, I do, but you knew that.

>Gasoline in the U.S. is very cheap - not only by world standards, but
by our own historical standards.

All true. However, in NYC, where you are, it is possible to get around using public transportation.

L.A., where I am, has dysfunctional bus service, and little else. Plus it is sprawled everywhere. Making owning a car much more of a necessity than in NYC. For someone making $10 an hour and driving an hour each way to work in their aging gas-hog clunker, $5 a gallon gas could be a major problem.

Of course, $5 gas might force the City to provide decent public transportation.