LBO-talk called top of NASDAQ?????

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 16 05:02:17 PDT 2001

G'day Daniel,

>The NASDAQ topped out on 11 Mar 2000 at 5048.2, only 1.6% above
>Rob's target; by following the Schaap indicator you'd only have
>missed 1.6% of the whole movement.

Only just seen this! I'd been away. Hope you cleaned up big time, mate! For me, the mere knowledge that all now recognise my genius is enough. But that's just the kinda guy I am.

>Any further investigation results to report, guru?

Yep. If a country's fortunes rely heavily on inflows from a country about to address a structural bad debt situation (let's call them 'America' and 'Japan', as Ohmae does in his latest thoughtpiece), you should sell everything you have on Wall Street and buy large in Europe (help yourself to Euros by all means, but best to leave the telcos alone).

'Course, if America's bellicose rudeness fails to keep China out of the WTO just as the greenback starts its slide (slowing world demand) the consequent and sudden introduction of loadsa excess capacity in manufactured goods will exacerbate the situation summat 'orrible.

You should then sell everything you have everywhere and buy a seat on the space shuttle.

Just drop me a line whenever you need the good oil, big fella!

Cheers, Rob.