Ashcroft's prayer circle

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Wed May 16 19:27:19 PDT 2001

Hi,

Hey Christopher--Didn't you just write that:

"It's helpful to recognize Christian faith as an ideologized manifestation of sado-masochistic character structure, organized along lines of gender. It'll be a while before these guys' sadistic impulses give out."

Sure sounds like a stereotype to me. It focuses on a narrow band of predominantly White fundamentalist Christian theology, and has little to do with Black Protestant denominationals or Black Protestant independent evangelicals who voted overwhelmingly for the Democrats.

A racist sin of omission.

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema" <crdbronx at erols.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 10:07 PM Subject: Re: Ashcroft's prayer circle

> Has anybody actually suggested this lately?
> Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema
>
> Chip Berlet wrote:
>

> > The assumption that White
> > Christian conservative evangelicals represent the range
of