judicial tyranny

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 17 07:09:43 PDT 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Not voting for Nader as a start or claiming that there is no difference
>between politicians on the issue. Like rightwing pro-choice women, leftwing
>Greens went around promoting voting for Greens because they argued the
>courts would prevent choice from being lost.

Yet at the same time, voting for Dems because of abortion-protecting court appointments is one of the staples of leftish apologias for the party - the very judicial substitute for organizing you've been criticizing.

Besides, I thought it was well established that it was Dave McReynolds' fault that Gore lost Florida.

Doug