US vs USSR

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 17 08:26:15 PDT 2001

PS. Joanna, I see we are on the same boat, regardless of our previous disagreement on the virtues of alternative life styles. As a point of clarification - I loathe the "alternative" crowd because they do not keep their eyes on the prize (the ownership of the means of production), but satisfy themselves with the schlock - herbs, vitamins, sandals, beads, incense, cults, psychotherapy, and good vibes. This is essentially the "left" version of the US cranky (by the Eurpean standards) religiosity. In my book, this is yet another symptom of the sickness of the US society - escapism to crankiness instead of pulling togetehr a decent labor/social democratic politics.

wojtek