judicial tyranny

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 11:17:42 PDT 2001

I think Leo is right about the difference between where Nathan is going and where I am. He's right about where I am, anyway. I'm not saying that professionalism is easy in hard cases--that is what makes them hard. But most cases are not hard, or not hard that way. This is also true of most constitutional cases, whic are themselves quite rare. One reason this isn't known much by legal theorists and political philosophers is that the overwhelming majority of cases are not interesting, and many of the ones that are interesting to lawyers, or the kind of lawyers who like clerk work, would cause instant catatonia ina ny other sentient being.--jks

It strikes me that Nathan, in his complete hostility to what he