The State, Laws and all that

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 19:27:39 PDT 2001

I'm not sure who originally said this, but I really really love the sample the Dead Prez use in their song "Police State"

Anyone know who originally said this? I may have a few words missing in here bnut its as close as possible:

"You have emergence in human society of this thing thats called the State. What is the State? The State is an organized (?) . It is the police department. It is the Army, the Navy...it is the Prison System, the Courts and what have you. This is the State. This is a repressive organization. But is the State says 'Well you know you got to have the police, because if there were no police, well look what you'd be doing to yourselves! You'd be killing each other if there was no police!' But the reality is that the police become necessary in human society ONLY at that junction in a society where it is split between those who have and those who ain't got"