Prescription For Fascism: Alternative Medicine and Right-Wing Politics

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sat May 19 16:50:16 PDT 2001

David Lethbridge:
> Nor are CHOC, CVHR, and PN alone in this strange and dangerous coalition of
> right-wing politics and alternative medicine. Repeatedly, the connections
> emerge and criss-cross. For yet another example, among many, Canadian
> Wholesale Direct, a relatively well respected health-food distributor,
> lists Anderson's CVHR first under its heading "Health Freedom."
> Wherever we find tendencies to irrationalism and conspiracy-mongering,
> there we find fertile ground in which fascism can grow, or a movement
> which fascism can exploit. ...

The article seems somewhat superstitious to me, if not something worse. For one thing, it failed to show that "health food stores" were manifestations or irrationality, or at least of greater irrationality than unthinking subservience to the established order; and for another, that any preponderant number of them were sites of fascist activity. It seems to me if one is going to go about accusing large groups and classes of political crimes, one should present better evidence.