Ouch!

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Tue May 22 10:44:28 PDT 2001

But the alternative was not without its risks of HIV infection.

I have wondered if rapists would be a little less likely to go on the prowl if this was a more common reaction. Unfortunately, I think they would probably just be more violent.

> It's better to avoid biting off parts of others. The proper medical protocol
> is to provide HIV prophylaxis for the biter, who will have exposed
> him/herself to the bitee's blood. HIV prophylaxis involves a dozen or two
> pills a day, some with, some without food, beginning within 24 hours of
> exposure and going on for a month. There are more than a few side effects.
> They cost thousands.
>
> But bite if you must.
>
> Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass -- -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010522/6e8de551/attachment.htm>