SUVs

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed May 23 07:15:34 PDT 2001

> I think you are reading too much into this SUC (sport unitility car)
thing.
> People buy them not to make up for some personal inadequacy or to
manifest
> their deep id, but simply because they have been told so by advertisers
and
> cued so by others. Contrary to popular belief, the guiding principle of
> human behaviour is following the flock - rather than solipsistic rational
> choices.
>
> wojtek

Speaking as one surrounded by these fucking things, I must agree with wojtek. Here in southeastern Michigan, SUVs run rampant. Most are driven by housefraus who haven't the slightest idea how to steer the beast or keep it within a lane (especially when they are on the cell). When my wife and I recently got a new (used) car, the dealer kept trying to unload an SUV on us. We refused, to his utter astonishment. "But everybody's getting one!" he said.

Exactly.

DP